Whether you’re a business owner or a marketing professional working for an enterprise organisation, there’s no journey more exciting or topsy-turvy than promoting and growing your brand.
Social media marketing, for example, can work wonders for almost any business in virtually every industry. There are plenty of gaps in the market for professional high-quality video content at the heart of campaigns. Certain types of video ads, specifically YouTube ads, are the one type we’ll discuss today and explain how vital they are at helping your business grow and flourish.
How to Make YouTube Advertising Successful
Did you know that YouTube isn’t just considered a social media platform? It’s also a search engine.
In fact, it’s the second largest search engine, next to Google, which can be attributed to the soaring popularity of video content and its general user-friendliness.
Granted, Google owns the YouTube brand, effectively occupying the top two search engines used worldwide.
YouTube ads, if targeted right, can have a very low CPC (cost per click) for a specific product or service. Some of the benefits of YouTube marketing include a huge potential audience reach for companies that are budget-conscious, as well as having the ability to ‘tag’ keywords in videos. This therefore aids your SEO (search engine optimisation) strategy.
5 Types of YouTube Ads
Traditionally, all YouTube advertising involved TrueView ads, which were created to help users control their advertising experience.
Before these, users had no way to interact with content meaningfully, thus making ads potentially more frustrating and less relevant. However, that’s different nowadays.
- Skippable in-stream ads. These ads play before a viewer’s YouTube video, featuring a countdown timer and link to a brand site. These ads are notable for having an option to skip the content after 5 seconds. Any skips with no interactions don’t cost you anything
- Non-skippable in-stream ads. These YouTube video ads may look similar to their skippable counterparts on the surface, but confine advertisers to a 15 second window
- Video discovery ads. Promoted through YouTube, these ads appear as an image thumbnail with text, giving viewers the option to consume your content. No ad spend is used unless a viewer interacts with them, whether in YouTube search results, on the homepage or in the suggested videos list
- Bumper ads. Similar to non-skippable in-stream ads, bumper video ads are expected to last less than six seconds
- Masthead ads. Arguably the ‘premium’ YouTube advertising spot, the Masthead would be the first thing viewers see. As such, there is a premium price tag for taking this slot, far exceeding the average brand’s marketing budget
What Makes YouTube Ads Useful?
While these ads have a more straightforward creation process, YouTube is a powerful tool to promote high-quality, branded video content to a massive audience.
Statistics show that YouTube ads generate more video views and engagement, clicks and conversions than any other. As per Ginger Digital’s previous articles on video and PPC trends, we can see that video is set to dominate the advertising landscape in 2022.
Choosing the Right YouTube Ad for Your Business
Solution: Video discovery ads
Your ad content can really shine if you integrate video into a YouTube search experience. Create ads to make people watch a video on your YouTube channel, telling them more about your brand.
Goal: Brand awareness
Solution: Non-skippable video ads
Casting a wide net is a great way to define your perfect audience and qualified leads, with non-skippable ads appearing pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll.
Goal: Lead generation
Solution: Skippable video ads
Designed to be skippable, this ad content is crucial for conversions, introducing a level of reliability and memorability to your brand.
Goal: Communicate to your audience
Solution: Bumper ads
Less about educating your audience about your brand and more making the most of your marketing budget. The short timeframe is sometimes enough to promote a new product or service.
Solution: Masthead video ads
These ads are not recommended for the average small business, but they can reap huge benefits if targeted correctly.
Wrapping your head around YouTube ads may be difficult at first, but if you need the support of a professional video agency in Berkshire behind you, Ginger Digital are here to help.
Grow Your Business with Video Ad Campaigns
For a free video marketing review with a professional video production and marketing agency, handling all services in-house, then get in touch with Ginger Digital today.