In recent years, video marketing campaigns have emerged as mainstays for businesses looking to elevate their digital marketing efforts. Interactive video, a special type of video marketing, goes a step further, allowing marketers to offer even more personalised and dynamic content to their target audience.
Use Interactive Videos to Train, Teach and Upskill
Interactive video content, as we have previously explored in previous video advertising blogs, also performs substantially well as a customer segmentation tool and education aid. When both of these facets intertwine, specifically in the form of eLearning content, educational material, tutorials, and training material, interactive video has a firm place.
If eLearning and training videos are something that you want to integrate within your business, perhaps as a way to upskill your employees, explain your products or services to your customers, or even as a way to branch out to prospective partners or investors, we’d highly recommend making this content interactive and dynamic.
Benefits of Interactive eLearning Videos
Interactive eLearning videos offer many benefits for businesses, and here are just a handful of them:
- Better customer engagement: Interactive videos encourage active participation from viewers, meaning they are more likely to hold your audience’s attention and boost engagement rates, whatever learning style is preferred by your audience.
- Improved knowledge retention: Questionnaires, branching scenarios, hotspots, animations, buttons, and more are all examples of interactive video elements. When used correctly, they can educate your audience effectively and help them remember important messages or topics.
- Valuable data insights: Through the use of said interactive elements, you can also capture valuable data in the use of polls, reviews, questions, and feedback forms, and gain valuable insights into your audience and their needs.
- Personalised experiences: By using interactive video, you can deliver bespoke educational content for your audience at various stages of the sales funnel, and based on their interests and level of engagement with your brand.
- Competitive advantage: Many businesses have yet to capitalise on the power of interactive video, much less integrate it within their marketing strategies. If you adopt interactive videos sooner rather than later, you’ll be giving yourself a competitive edge in educating your customers and fostering feelings of trust.
- ROI (Return on Investment): Thanks to valuable insights, improved engagement and higher retention and conversion rates, interactive video marketing has the potential to provide a tangible return on investment for your business, especially for eLearning and training content.
How to Leverage Interactive Video to Achieve Learning Aims
The advantages of interactive video are abundantly clear, but applying your knowledge in a real-world scenario poses a new set of challenges. As is the case with any video production and marketing strategy, you need to think carefully about what content you need to provide to your audience, not to mention address their pain points within the first few seconds. You know exactly what sets your business apart from your competition, so how can you let your audience know that? What is going to hook them into your content rather than your competitors’? Put simply, you need to make interactive videos work for you, whilst standing out in a competitive and crowded marketplace.
Top 9 Suggestions for Interactive eLearning and Training Videos
Here are our top 9 recommendations for using interactive training and eLearning material.
1. Tutorials and how-to guides: You can create an interactive walkthrough of how your service works, or the intricate technical details of your products. You can make use of annotations, questions and deeper insights to help your audience learn important information at their own pace and in a more ‘hands-on’ way.
2. Lesson and course recaps: Through a series of lessons or training programmes, you can help your viewers reinforce and apply what they have learned with interactive summaries and refresher content. This will help significantly with information retention, which is handy if your business has experienced a recent change in direction, personnel, or modus operandi. 3. Multiple choice questions and quizzes: One of the most effective ways to reinforce learning material and encourage active participation is to provide multiple-choice questions or interactive quizzes. Integrating these throughout your videos and at the end of a tutorial will motivate viewers to pay attention and engage more actively, especially if you provide useful feedback and explanations for both correct and incorrect answers.
4. Feedback forms and reviews: Embedding interactive feedback forms and surveys in your videos is a great way to gather valuable audience opinions and experiences. Once you capture these insights, you can use them to improve your video content or other areas of your business.
5. Collaborative learning: There are plenty of third-party tools that allow multiple viewers to interact and collaborate on the same videos in real-time. For certain training material, like group exercises and brainstorming sessions, this is particularly useful.
6. Branching videos: If you can create interactive and dynamic scenarios with multiple narrative paths or options for viewers to choose from, you will be creating a more immersive and personalised experience for each viewer. This is particularly good for whiteboard animation or standard animation videos that lead viewers onto one of many potential pathways based on their choices and interests.
7. Product demonstrations: Consider using hyperlinks, overlays, in-action clips, and other elements to provide supplemental or highly technical product information. Think of this like an interactive product description for an eCommerce website page, where users can examine a product as if they were in a high street retail shop.
8. Hotspot videos: Interactive hotspots link to additional content like website landing pages, signup forms, mailing list requests, or eCommerce pages, among others. Whatever the context of your video, intersperse it with relevant CTAs that serve an interest to a viewer to pursue other supplementary information.
9. Seminar or keynote speech consultation: Conference videos and event recordings serve a valuable purpose to viewers that perhaps couldn’t attend or missed timings. By making any recordings of keynote sessions or seminars interactive, you can give viewers an easy route to finding the most relevant content for them, through the use of timestamps, keywords, headings, and captions.
Please see below an interactive video that we produced for a client who was looking for a video in multiple languages for their contractors.
Looking to take your eLearning or training video content to the next level by making it interactive? As a business owner, you understand better than anyone the need to engage your audience and provide tangible value, and it’s great if you recognise that interactive video can help you achieve those goals.
At Ginger Digital, we are video marketing specialists with an experienced in-house video production team ready to help you create bespoke, memorable and meaningful interactive videos that add value to your audience. Why not get in touch for a free video marketing consultation with one of our team? We can talk through your goals and how interactive videos can help you achieve them. Find out what some of our clients have had to say, or, if you’re ready, get in touch with us directly today.